What is DMLT?
DMLT or Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology is a diploma level program of 2 years that can be done usually after completion of Class 12.
DMLT: Key Highlights
- Course Fees: INR 20,000-80,000
- DMLT Subjects: Clinical Biochemistry, Microbiology, Immunology, Basic Hematology, etc
- DMLT Jobs: Laboratory Staff, Laboratory Technician, Data Entry Operator, Medical Writer, etc..
- DMLT Salary: INR 2-4 LPA
- Top Job Areas: Government Hospitals, Private Clinics, medical labs, Colleges & Universities, Military Services, Medical Content Writing, etc.
- DMLT Scope: BMLT/ BSc
DMLT can be pursued from a distance through colleges like NIOS, IGNOU, MGU, etc The total cost to study DMLT distance education ranges from INR 5000 to 30,000. Admission to the course from distance will be confirmed if one scores more than 45% in Class 12.
DMLT Admission 2021 Eligibilty Criteria
Following are some of the DMLT eligibility criteria to be fulfilled by the students:
- The minimum eligibility of this course is at least 45-50% marks in Class 12 with subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- DMLT course after 10th is offered by some colleges like Madras Christian College, etc. In that case, students must complete their Class 10 with more than 50.
The admission process usually revolves around the merit-based system and depends on the marks scored in Class 12 and Class 10 (rare case)
Most of the esteemed institutes like AMU and others offering the course admit students based on performance in a relevant entrance test which is often known as Common Entrance Test.
To further select students, they conduct a round of personal interview, wherein their general aptitude for the course is tested.